I am having the issue with the store not opening. I cannot uninstall KB2887595 because it is not listed in my installed updates. What else can I do? I just reformatted today, and then the error came up in the store.
Suggestions?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".
It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.
Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?
Any advice here would be appreciated.
I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.
Justin
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am having the issue with the store not opening. I cannot uninstall KB2887595 because it is not listed in my installed updates. What else can I do? I just reformatted today, and then the error came up in the store.
Suggestions?
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hi,
We are happy to see that the issue is fixed.
Well, the KB2895219 is related to Runtimebroker.exe process crashes on a Windows 8.1-based computer. Additionally, after the Runtimebroker.exe process crashes, you receive an error message that states that you are not connected to the Windows Store.
Refer to the link to get the details on this update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2895219/en-us
Please feel free to ask if you have more queries on Windows.
For reference, the Windows update that was automatically installed was KB2895219.
Hi Pinaki,
It seems to be working now. The only thing that appeared to not be working was the Windows Store though I won't say I went through every app installed.
Initially I had checked those properties and it was saying Windows 8.1 Pro. I had also reset the Store using WSReset.exe and had no luck.
I have logged in this morning however, and it just works now. I do not believe a restart has changed anything because I did that a lot after I initially got the issue and tried the WSReset.exe.
I can't be certain but I note that I got an automated update around the time I raised the forum post and had turned my computer off shortly after. Is it possible that fixed it?
Anyway, glad it appears to be working now. Thanks for your help.
Justin