This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-10-21T02:12:10+00:00

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the Windows store to upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 Pro. It took a while but the upgrade appears to have worked. But, now when I go to the Windows Store it states that "This version of Windows is no longer supported by the Windows Store".

It recommends I get the newest version of Windows which ultimately leads back to the store with the above error message.

Have I successfully upgraded or not? How can I get the Windows Store working if it has been successful?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I had Windows 8 Pro before the upgrade and I have never downloaded the Windows 8.1 Preview.

Justin

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T16:51:45+00:00

    Hi,

    This issue could be related to corrupt Store settings. This might also occur if Windows 8.1 update is not installed properly.

    Are you having the same issue while using any other apps apart from Store?

    I would suggest you to check for the current version of Windows using the following steps:

    a) Press Windows and X key together and select System.

    b) Check for the version of Windows showing up under System Properties.

    You can follow the steps to reset Windows Store cache memory and check if it resolves the issue:

    a)            On the desktop screen, press Windows and R key to open run box.

    b)            Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

    Please get back to us with the status of this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-24T10:11:53+00:00

    i had the same problem after doing everything i could and trying everything, i decided to re-image my laptop but then got the bright idea to just try a "refresh"(fixes problems or something without deleting files-resets to default settings and app-i think this is accurate)and the refresh actually worked, also solved the other problem which i had for more than 2 months-accounts disappeared, so at this point in time i think the "refresh the PC" option can help a lot.

    For windows 8.1(or 8 i think) go to the start menu, swipe from right and go to settings then go to the "power" tab and click restart while holding down shift, hold down shift until you see blue screen with more options, i think after that you either just click "refresh the PC" or go into advanced options and click "refresh the PC", then let it do the magic but just for some advice i recommend making a restore point or a recovery disk just in case.

    For other operating systems, i guess you could just search up "refresh PC" on google followed by your operating system(or windows edition in most cases).

    I hope this can help, Zohaib

    Did you checked the store it worked ....?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T20:41:13+00:00

    I am ALSO having the same issue as mentioned above but only with my secondary user account( i mostly play games on this account). I've tried searching for updates repeatedly, several WSReset.exe attempts and i'm still stuck searching for answers. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-17T03:14:45+00:00

    While I admire that you have found a potential solution for us it bothers me that:

    1 - Microsoft caused it

    2 - Microsoft doesn't provide the answer

    3 - Microsoft Store seems to be extremely sensitive to interruptions and disconnects

    4 - Microsoft apps can be unusable for the smallest reason

    5- Microsoft 8.1 was supposed to solve how bad windows 8 was but didn't

    6 - I have no guarantee that anything I buy at the Windows Store will be accessible

    So s/w on discs are definitely safer, XBOX has major, major issues as a source of games and 8.1 was a superficial update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-16T04:29:07+00:00

    I think all techs are in vacation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments