bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-22T06:43:28+00:00

    Yes if phone support Bluetooth then you can pair with your Windows system. However, to enable Bluetooth scenarios there has to be a common Bluetooth profile supported by both and if no common profiles supported then Phone will disconnect in couple of seconds.

    IHVs provide profile packs to enable such scenarios.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-22T19:27:27+00:00

    I think you mean that there are no problem with my bluetooth adapter. The thing is that my laptop lacks IHVs file, so can you give me the link to download it.

    Earlier I searched IHVs and found a link to Intel site but that site is not available now.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-22T19:52:12+00:00

    Your system seems to have Intel PROSet Wireless combo adapter (WiFi + Bluetooth) as you mentioned earlier. I shared the web link in prior post that has the latest software package from Intel for this adapter.

    You may try uninstalling the package(s) you have from "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" Or Uninstall from Device manager for both Network and Bluetooth adapters (right click on device node and uninstall- make sure you check the box to delete driver files). Then reinstall the package that is on the Intel Web Link. Note that you have to download the package you need and save it off to local disk before you uninstall Network Adapter drivers.

    Hope this will help you get back your IHV drivers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-22T21:35:14+00:00

    I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Intel ProSet Wireless from Control Panel. The good news is "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High speed adapter" comes back to Device Manager under Bluetooth but the bad news is my laptop can NOT even recognize my discoverable phone.

    I'm sure I am using the most updated bluetooth driver and adapter from the Intel web link, so maybe the problem is the compatibility between them and Windows 8.1 since the issue only appears after I updated from Windows 8.0 to 8.1.

    Hope to see the new compatible version of PROSet software. Thank you very much for your advice.

    Iris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-22T22:00:31+00:00

    I'm assuming you reinstalled whole software package from Intel and not just the drivers. Note you need whole software profile pack.

    If you have installed whole profile pack then did you try un-pair and repair your phone after that? Can you discover any other Bluetooth devices and use them?

    The package from Intel are the latest one and if you still see issues then we need more info to investigate your issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments