bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T23:12:47+00:00

    I tried to install the driver like you said but it's impossible. I don't know why the installation wizard did not appear to run even after I chose 'Run in compatibility for Windows 8".

    The bluetooth scenario is the same for before and after the Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High speed adapterwas uninstalled. Actually, my phone can connect to the laptop via bluetooth but the connection can last only 20-30 sec. Even in the interval of 20-30 sec connection, my phone can NOT send a photo to the laptop.

    I think you can understand the problem more now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T22:42:47+00:00

    From what you shared, it seems Intel driver package is not installed for Bluetooth and you have generic Bluetooth drivers loaded. With generic driver you should be able to use the Bluetooth functionality, so can you share what Bluetooth scenario is not working? Or with original "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High speed adapter" drivers what Bluetooth functionality was not working?

    To install the drivers for your Bluetooth adapter you may try using the Driver package (Wireless_16.5.3_De164.exe) from Intel Web site I pointed earlier. If you still don't see the "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High speed adapter" then you can use the steps below to download the drivers from Windows Update.

    a.       Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

    b.      Expand "Bluetooth Radios".

    c.       Right-click on the Generic Bluetooth Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T22:27:41+00:00

    Before I uninstalled the driver for bluetooth as Mr. Winston M from Microsoft instructed above, I think the bluetooth driver was "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High speed adapter". After I reinstalled the package from your link, the bluetooth driver did NOT come back to Device Manager, which makes me worry a lot.

    Right now, there are no yellow banged nodes under Bluetooth which is having Generic Bluetooth Adapter and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator (two totally).

    Network Adapters:

    Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

    Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

    Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

    Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller

    I hope the problem can be solved soon.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T22:05:18+00:00

    Sorry your issue is not resolved with latest software package from Intel. To further assist you, please share some additional information.

    Let’s first check if Bluetooth Drivers are loaded and functional:

    Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

    Click + Bluetooth to expand the section and check if you see the Bluetooth dev nodes. If you see any of the nodes are yellow banged please note the name of the node and share with me. Also share the Bluetooth adapter name listed on the dev node.

    Click + Network Adapters to expand the section and share the Intel wireless adapter name. For example, Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T21:29:26+00:00

    I downloaded the last file "Wireless_16.5.3_e164.exe" since my system is 64-bit. Install it but no help at all. The problem still persists

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments