bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-18T03:45:25+00:00

    I have and HP Envy I7 which came with Windows 8.0. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 through the MS Store. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I tried to connect via Bluetooth. Every time I try to pair them, the computer says "Connected". But in about 10 seconds it changes to "Not Connected" by itself. The Bluetooth Driver is Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 High Speed Adapter version 3.1.1311.400 dated 10/18/2013. 

    Nothing but the MS Windows Updates is on the machine. I can not keep the phone connected to the computer to do anything at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-26T20:36:57+00:00

    I have a HP Envy 17  Same story, I can´t send files from my Samsung Galaxy to my laptop or the from laptop to phone or any other devices after updating to Windows 8.1. The name of the adaptor is Intel® Centrino® Wireless-Bluetooth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-04T12:58:07+00:00

    I have a HP Envy m4 1050la, same story, I can´t send files from my Samsung Galaxy to my laptop after updating to Windows 8.1. The name of the adaptor is Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230.

    I nearly fix this issue when I download the update avaliable here:

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=YDwnldID=23450keyword=bluetoothlang=spa

    After this installation, I could send files with no problems, but as soon as I reboot or turn off my laptor, the problem starts again. Any tips will be welcome, I have a baby and we take pictures of him every day. It's a pain in (you know where) that I have to reinstall the bluetoot software anytime I want to transfer something from my phone to my pc.

    Thanks in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-26T23:13:09+00:00

    Do Not buy this piece of JUNK, my piece of junk is 2 months old, going back to HP, @ 2 months, screen goes black,Customer service @ HP SUCKS, have a Case Manger, another joke, says they're sending labels to have ups pick up this ****, for UPS, then it's FEDEX, PS wrong labels for a pick-up from FEDEX, so sorry you bought our piece of ****, ha-ha now you're stuck with it. So out $1000.00, Cheers to HP, another customer SCREWED

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-26T10:17:33+00:00

    My device is Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230 as showed in Device Manager and in Toshiba Specifications of Satellite P 855 34K. Windows 8.1 64 bit is my OS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments