bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T21:26:31+00:00

    I followed your instruction and removed the driver for bluetooth with "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High Speed Adapter". However, after I reinstalled the driver from Intel website, the "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + High Speed Adapter" did NOT come back and my bluetooth is still NOT working at all.

    Now I just want the driver back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T20:38:43+00:00

    Hello Iris,

    Thank you for reporting issues with Bluetooth. Please use the following link to get the updated packages for your system. Refer to the Detailed Descriptionsection on this page to identify the driver and software package you need for your system.****

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23258&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Software%20Applications%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

    Please let me know if you still see the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-21T15:21:43+00:00

    Hi Iris,

    This issue normally occurs when the bluetooth driver is not compatible with Windows 8.

    Let's uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver in compatibility mode and check.

    Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

    Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

    a. Press Windows key +Xkey when you are at desktop.

    b. Select Device Manager.

    c. Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

    d. Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

    e. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OKto remove the driver.

    f. After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

    Step 2:

    Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

    a. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

    b. Right-click on the driver and click on properties.

    c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down.

    d. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

    Hope this information helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments