bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-11T04:20:02+00:00

    With the bluetooth adapter turned on:

    Go to the following link:

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=N-2230

    Select the following item (2nd on list as of 5/10/2015)

    Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 8.1* 64-bit (WP)

    which sends you to the following web page:

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24849/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-8-1-64-bit-WP-

    You will go to a page that shows the following item for download:

    WP-BT_17.1.1501.01_e164.exe  (this was available 4/15/2015)

    Run it and update the DRIVER for bluetooth. To the best of my knowledge that is all I updated.

    Go to Device Manager

    Change view to Show Hidden Devices

    Under:

    Bluetooth

    Bluetooth Auxilary

    and Network Adapters

    delete the greyed out items that have the same name as the solid black items (some of the blackitems may have a #2 after the name. It appears to be ok to delete the greyed out items with no number behind them. Device status on  items to be deleted should display a (Code 45)

    I have a bluetooth cell phone that is connected to the computer after pairing. Click on that Icon for the cell phone. It brings up a simple window that allows transfer of file from computer to cell phone. You can do it from the cell phone to computer with this window showing also. To confuse the issue the bluetooth settings from the Win 8.1 say the bluetooth device is Not connected when in fact this window that shows after clicking on the cell phone icon allows the transfer of files via bluetooth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-27T11:20:03+00:00

    I too have tried everything but to no avail. I uninstalled the Intel Bluetooth Driver and reinstalled it. It use to appear under the Device Manager now its gone completely!!  It used to work when I first got the computer a few months ago. But after it connected and disconnected after a few seconds that when I decided to reinstall, now nothing at all....

    I have a HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC and a Samsung Galaxy S4

    What do I do now please help!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-18T03:45:25+00:00

    I have and HP Envy I7 which came with Windows 8.0. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 through the MS Store. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I tried to connect via Bluetooth. Every time I try to pair them, the computer says "Connected". But in about 10 seconds it changes to "Not Connected" by itself. The Bluetooth Driver is Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 High Speed Adapter version 3.1.1311.400 dated 10/18/2013. 

    Nothing but the MS Windows Updates is on the machine. I can not keep the phone connected to the computer to do anything at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-26T20:36:57+00:00

    I have a HP Envy 17  Same story, I can´t send files from my Samsung Galaxy to my laptop or the from laptop to phone or any other devices after updating to Windows 8.1. The name of the adaptor is Intel® Centrino® Wireless-Bluetooth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-01-04T12:58:07+00:00

    I have a HP Envy m4 1050la, same story, I can´t send files from my Samsung Galaxy to my laptop after updating to Windows 8.1. The name of the adaptor is Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230.

    I nearly fix this issue when I download the update avaliable here:

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=YDwnldID=23450keyword=bluetoothlang=spa

    After this installation, I could send files with no problems, but as soon as I reboot or turn off my laptor, the problem starts again. Any tips will be welcome, I have a baby and we take pictures of him every day. It's a pain in (you know where) that I have to reinstall the bluetoot software anytime I want to transfer something from my phone to my pc.

    Thanks in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments