bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-24T14:07:01+00:00

    Success. I downloaded both drivers mentioned above as well as the software. I can sens pics, docs, and music from phone to computer and vice versa. Miracles never cease.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-24T02:30:01+00:00

    Actually, I downloaded and installed both PROSet wireless driver 16.7.0 and Bluetooth drivers 13.1.1311 but that's no help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-23T22:59:13+00:00

    Hi,

    same issues for me, even after driver update, Moreover 16.7.0 refers to wireless drivers, not to Bluetooth drivers: 13.1.1311 refers to bluetooth drivers:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23449&lang=ita&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064%20bit*&DownloadType=Applicazioni%20software

    Anyway, no improvement for my Toshiba

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-23T22:38:45+00:00

    Thanks. Went to Intel download site and downloaded version 16.7.0. After executing the file the new driver did not load. What should I do differently? Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-23T20:45:39+00:00

    I've just downloaded and installed the latest version 16.7.0 like you said but there is no improvement in my case. Are you sure you can send a file from your Bluetooth phone to your PC or laptop?

    Actually, I can send a file from my laptop to my phone via BT but I can NOT send a pic from my phone to my laptop. I know that's so weird. I wonder if it is really the problem from BT driver of Intel or Bluetooth technology from Windows 8.1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments