bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-19T21:48:12+00:00

    Same issues with Bluetooth file transfers and windows 8.1. After spending hours on the phone and remote sessions with HP(I have HP Envy TS m7) and with Microsoft, the conclusion is no Bluetooth driver exists for windows 8.1. HP points the finger at Microsoft saying HP is waiting for the driver from Microsoft. Microsoft told me this morning(12/19/13) it is the manufacturers responsibility to come up with the driver. Microsoft said specifications were sent out and all manufacturers have the info they need. These two giants do not put the customer first or they could talk and have this worked out in a short period of time.

    HP solution was to revert back to windows 8 and use the Bluetooth. Microsoft said I should get a Bluetooth dongle. I asked if they would pay for it. You know the answer.

    Where is the genius part of MR, GATES when we need it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-13T10:47:11+00:00

    I own a HP 6t-1100 Ultrabook and I have the same problem as IrisTran after Windows 8.1 upgrade.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-08T20:59:44+00:00

    Hi,

    I own a Toshiba Satellite P 855-34 K with Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230. I exactly confirm the same issues as IrisTran after Windows 8.1 upgrade and installation of the same latest Intel software. Microsoft default drivers work even worst by themselves and anyway it's impossible to uninstall them permanently: they appear again after windows restarting and even after installation of Intel software.

    I add that in my notebook the wireless led is always on, even if airplane mode is activated, wireless disabled and Bluetooth disabled. Moreover, it is possible to enable Bluetooth even with airplane mode activated.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-13T02:10:46+00:00

    Before I upgraded the laptop to Windows 8.1, my transferring files via Bluetooth between my laptop and phone worked perfectly. Of course, the Airplane mode is always OFF. ****

    I don't have any Bluetooth devices other than my phones. My laptop can discover and pair with any of my phones but the connectivity lasts about 15 seconds.

    I can send a file from laptop to my phone via Bluetooth but I can NOT send a file from the phone to the laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-12T20:56:03+00:00

    IrisTran,

    Can you provide more information about your scenario? What you expect to work with your Windows PC and Phone? Did this scenario worked before you upgraded to Win8.1?

    Can you confirm if Bluetooth functionality such as On/Off from Airplane Mode works? Can you discover, pair and use any other Bluetooth devise such as mouse, keyboard or headset?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments