Issue with installing updates on Windows 8.1.
I am told (windows update) that there are three important updates available. But when they run they get to c89% and fail. PC reboots and undoes changes. This repeats about very fifth boot. It's getting tedious. When does Microsoft propose to issue an update that works? And why was this update not properly tested?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-04-03T01:24:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-06-02T19:41:01+00:00 Hi Robert
Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I got sick and tired of wasting so much time that I've just spent the better part of a day installing win 8 and all my apps etc from scratch.
I have to agree with your comment about the poor support. I've worked with Windows for more years than I care to remember and I've never had so much trouble. I work for an international organisation (20,000+ employees) and have direct contact with our system architects. I will be talking to them about my experiences...
-
Anonymous
2014-06-02T19:34:34+00:00 Thanks Xircal but I've bitten the bullet and spent a whole day installing win 8 from scratch.
-
Anonymous
2014-06-02T18:46:37+00:00 /Resetbase will prevent the user from uninstalling all previous updates:
Yes. That is the controversy that Marek Kusmierski's script started. The thing is though that his script had more people saying that they had success than for the MS one. Dog Tamer also mentioned this in a later summary of the current state of technique before those original threads were locked, indicating that it looked as if it was necessary to get -355 installed, at least without an ISO as a resource.
I still read the DISM documentation and wonder where's the problem: the document, my interpretation of it, or the program being documented? <eg>