I have been having the same problem with KB2919355. So far it has failed 9 times.
Unable to install KB2919355 -Error codes 0246007 , 8024000B , 80073712 , 80070002
Original title: recurring error on windows 8.1 update
i have been trying to update my current windows 8.1 to windows 8.1 update but run to so many errors namely 80246007 , 8024000B , 80073712 , 80070002 i tried doing the dism.exe thing from the command line but the error just keeps coming back also i followed this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42335 to isolate which KB is the error coming from (KB2919355)
i also tried manual install but the same error i am pretty much frustrated and there is the threat that if you don't update to windows 8.1 update you wont receive future patches ironically you can't install the update
any help will do
thank you
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-04-24T05:01:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-24T05:43:53+00:00 since day 1 of this update no luck in trying to install its so frustrating and yet it says you must update in order to receive future updates
-
Anonymous
2014-04-29T08:49:43+00:00 a bit surprise no one from microsoft support is here to help aswer the problem on updating to windows 8.1 update
-
Anonymous
2014-04-29T16:53:24+00:00 We apologize for the delay in response. Please answer these questions to get more clarity about the issue you are facing.
- Do you use a 3^rd^ party antivirus application on your computer?
- Are other updates installing without any issue?
Keep the computer in a clean boot status, install the stand alone update and check.
How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: Please refer to the section: “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.
Refer to the following link for more information.
Install the latest Windows 8.1 Update.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/install-latest-update-windows-8-1
-
Anonymous
2014-04-29T16:57:15+00:00 I had hopes after running the trouble shooting program that I was on the way. It looked like I had completed downloading but it still refuses to install. The trouble shooter indicates some files missing but it claims to have fixed them but the next time I run the installer it still refuses to install. Sure enough the next time I try the trouble shooter it still reports files missing but claims to have fixed it. It recommends in other places to reinstall windows buts I am reluctant to do so because I received windows 8 by download and it also indicates I will have to reinstall other programs which I received by download and have been updated by download. I have also lost my earlier restore points using Microsoft diagnostic tools. It wiped out all of them. What a mess!