Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?
Thanks,
Tom
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
Thanks M Crocker for this post - I also faced the same problem with the 2 error code - follow your advise to go to Control Panel and select Device Manager and uninstallthe 2 unknown device on printer tab. After uninstall, rerun update and the error goes away... Cheer ....
I too am seeing the 2 Windows Update failures. The 0x8024200b and the 70490 error listed in this discussion. My HP7520 works OK and the utilities that support it work OK. Device manager says it has no drivers(7520). Control Panel says not connected for both printer and its fax counterpart. After installing Windows 10 I had to reinstall the basic driver for the 7520. I also have an HP4630 installed but not located where I am at. It is used at another home.
I deleted the 2 bad printers listed in Device Mgr. and now in Windows Update all is well with no updates to install after selecting RETRY.
So it looks like Windows has issues with the 7520 but HP software says all is well and I cant print OK. All tests complete successfully.
To be continued.
I just stumbled over the solutions to all the issues related to HP printers after upgrading to Win 10. Go to hp.com and to the Support section. You should get a popup alert that addresses the known problems with Windows Update, Device Manager, et al. Essentially
Thank you!
it was exactly the solution....