Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?
Thanks,
Tom
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
You can hide updates in Windows 7 and Windows 8 but, I have found out, not in Windows 10. When I installed Windows 10 this update failed to install again. I ran a system scan which found a corruption on the install and corrected it. The failed update no longer appears. Hope that's helpful.
I was having the exact same problems with those two updates constantly failing (yes I have upgraded to Windows 10). I found a solution that worked for me so I thought I would share it. Open up your Control Panel and select Device Manager. Double click on Printers and if you see two Unknown Devices in this list Uninstall them and the two failed updates will stop (at least this worked for me).
I'll give it a try.
Thanks!
I was having the exact same problems with those two updates constantly failing (yes I have upgraded to Windows 10). I found a solution that worked for me so I thought I would share it. Open up your Control Panel and select Device Manager. Double click on Printers and if you see two Unknown Devices in this list Uninstall them and the two failed updates will stop (at least this worked for me).
M Crocker,
Your solution worked for me, as well. Thanks!