Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?
Thanks,
Tom
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
Jose - Followed your link. Downloaded and installed Troubleshooter. Rebooted laptop. Executed Windows Update. Windows Update tried to install HP printer update. Windows update failed. In process of recreating log files. Will provide link to log files. Thanks, Tom
Gerry
The following link should provide access to a SkyDrive folder with the log files.
Thanks for helping me with the inconvenient error.
Tom
https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=182C792DE6D654AB&resid=182C792DE6D654AB%21113&authkey=AKJc9vrNKFg64JE" width="165" height="128" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"
Your link does not work. Message says "This item won't load right now". I have not seen this response before. Something your end as my Sky Drive tests OK.