Windows Update Failure - Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series

Anonymous
2013-01-05T22:27:02+00:00

I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?

Thanks,

Tom

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-06T00:08:33+00:00

Tom,

Pləase double-check that error number.

If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490

<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>

UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-25T17:59:50+00:00

    I have windows 8.1 but still get the error message, also HP cannot detect my printer even though there techs have worked on it for months. I am the admin on both my windows 7 64 bit and on my windows 8.1 64 bit desktops.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-17T20:07:15+00:00

    I was having the exact same problems with those two updates constantly failing (yes I have upgraded to Windows 10).  I found a solution that worked for me so I thought I would share it.  Open up your Control Panel and select Device Manager.  Double click on Printers and if you see two Unknown Devices in this list Uninstall them and the two failed updates will stop (at least this worked for me).

    Thank you so much!!!! :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-15T23:47:28+00:00

    M Crocker and bob22redZY

    Voila!

    Most helpful indeed!!!

    Days working on this without success. Then I tried the suggestions ahead of yours. No luck. But when I saw yours, I was extremely hopeful. Right on the money. Removed HP 7520 printers and one 7520 Fax from the Device Manager and I was in business. Update completed and I can now download Windows 10 Creator.

    Thank you kindly,

    Lee

    ******@yahoo.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments