Windows Update Failure - Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series

Anonymous
2013-01-05T22:27:02+00:00

I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?

Thanks,

Tom

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-06T00:08:33+00:00

Tom,

Pləase double-check that error number.

If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490

<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>

UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-17T10:30:43+00:00

    For now I wont worry about it. Dont feel like reinstalling the printer again. I did have to install basic drivers after going to Windows 10. Didnt have to download Full Function drivers as that includes the Photo Creations software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-16T13:13:53+00:00

    I SIMPLY DELETED THAT PRINTER FROM MY COMPUTER. SHUT THE PRINTER DOWN. THEN WHEN IT STARTED, MY SURFACE PRO3 SAW IT, INSTALLED THE DRIVERS, AND IT'S BEEN FINE SINCE.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-16T08:50:00+00:00

    I am too getting this error for my HP 7520 -  Hewlett-Packard  - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Photosmart 7520 series

    I also get this one -  Hewlett-Packard  - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series - Error 0x8024200b

    I am running Windows 10. I see similar ones for my HP 4630 but that printer is at another location.

    The article referenced doesnt list Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-27T11:02:15+00:00

        Tom

         Please recheck the error code.

        Please upload and share copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your Sky Drive and post a link here.

         To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log.

    ======================================================================

    Hello, Gerry,

         This isn't Tom; I'm b-Natalie and I found your posts while searching for help with my Null Print error (which has been happening for at least a year (on every update).

         Here's a copy/paste of my most recent update error, called "Event ID 20; Source=WindowsUpdateClient; Task Category=Windows Update Agent".

      

    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070103: Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series.

    the XML view is this:

    **-** <Eventxmlns="**http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event**">

    **-** <System>


    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient"Guid="{945A8954-C147-4ACD-923F-40C45405A658}" />


    <EventID>20</EventID>


    <Version>0</Version>


    <Level>2</Level>


    <Task>1</Task>


    <Opcode>13</Opcode>


    <Keywords>0x8000000000000028</Keywords>


    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-27T10:01:07.270899500Z" />


    <EventRecordID>112726</EventRecordID>


    <Correlation />


    <Execution ProcessID="620"ThreadID="7588" />


    <Channel>System</Channel>


    <Computer>Bonnie-HP</Computer>


    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />


    </System>

    **-** <EventData>


    <Data Name="errorCode">0x80070103</Data>


    <Data Name="updateTitle">Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series</Data>


    <Data Name="updateGuid">{DD63C015-E52B-4739-858A-7CC7DD8F65F9}</Data>


    <Data Name="updateRevisionNumber">101</Data>


    </EventData>

    ****</Event>

        I don't know if this info helps you help me, and if you don't reply I'll understand that I'm asking for too much help, but I can't understand why I've gotten this failure for over a year and it won't clear itself up. 

       Oh, the error code is 0x80070103 and is the same each time I get this failure.

       Thank you, in advance, for any help you can give me!

       Very sincerely, b-natalie

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments