Windows Update Failure - Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series

Anonymous
2013-01-05T22:27:02+00:00

I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?

Thanks,

Tom

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-06T00:08:33+00:00

Tom,

Pləase double-check that error number.

If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490

<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>

UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-03T14:01:50+00:00

    That worked.  The two phantom devices must have been my previous printer.  Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-13T18:30:13+00:00

    Would this apply to the update to 8.1 from windows 8 too as I am getting the exact error message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T20:35:39+00:00

    Your the best M Crocker. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-10T11:35:42+00:00

    Finally a successful easy fix.    I was having the same problem after Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64 based systems on 3/4/16.    The Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series update failed repeatedly.     This solution of uninstalling Unknown printer devices in Device Manager worked for me also (except I uninstalled three unknown printer devices vice two).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments