Windows Update Failure - Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series

Anonymous
2013-01-05T22:27:02+00:00

I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?

Thanks,

Tom

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-06T00:08:33+00:00

Tom,

Pləase double-check that error number.

If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490

<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>

UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-18T11:41:33+00:00

    Thank you!

    it was exactly the solution....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-11T15:30:21+00:00

    I just stumbled over the solutions to all the issues related to HP printers after upgrading to Win 10. Go to hp.com and to the Support section. You should get a popup alert that addresses the known problems with Windows Update, Device Manager, et al. Essentially

    • uninstall the unknown devices under printers in DM. Remove any printer definition in Control Panel for the printers in question. Download the full function software for the printer again from hp.com. This should fix the problems. Once you uninstall the unknown devices in Device Mgr, that should fix the NULL problems in Windows Update. But make sure you also remove printers in CP and reinstall the printers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-11T11:09:56+00:00

    I too am seeing the 2 Windows Update failures. The 0x8024200b and the 70490 error listed in this discussion. My HP7520 works OK and the utilities that support it work OK. Device manager says it has no drivers(7520). Control Panel says not connected for both printer and its fax counterpart. After installing Windows 10 I had to reinstall the basic driver for the 7520. I also have an HP4630 installed but not located where I am at. It is used at another home.

    I deleted the 2 bad printers listed in Device Mgr. and now in Windows Update all is well with no updates to install after selecting RETRY.

    So it looks like Windows has issues with the 7520 but HP software says all is well and I cant print OK. All tests complete successfully. 

    To be continued.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-11T07:54:02+00:00

    Thanks M Crocker for this post - I also faced the same problem with the 2 error code - follow your advise to go to Control Panel and select Device Manager and uninstallthe 2 unknown device on printer tab. After uninstall, rerun update and the error goes away... Cheer ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments