Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?
Thanks,
Tom
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
How do you "Hide the update"?
Thanks Tom and Bob...I've had the same problem apparently for awhile. I was mad aware of it the other day when MS interrupted me using my laptop and told me I had some kind of problem. Apparently MS is full of BS.....I will take Bob's advice and hide the M-Fer.....LOL Thanks guys....you saved me a lot of wasted time...which MS or HP aren't in the least concerned with!!!
Thanks Bob for your advice and for taking the trouble to post your comments. After a while, I too found that hiding the update was the only way to deal with this error message. MS suggestions were totally unhelpful. Completely agree with you point about the two IT giants talking to each other. Seems obvious - so why don't they do it!!
Disable that update. Been here. Done this. Did all of the suggestions right down to a fresh install/upgrade this morning. Everything worked fine and all updates (which all had to be done over again, naturally) until Windows Update saw this BOGUS update. Then it all went to heck again. Same error. Same result.
The ONLY solution I have found is to HIDE this update. Since there are no others to find right now, I assume it is fixed. I won't know for sure until Windows Update actually finds some new mandatory updates, but I was told on the HP forums that this fixes it.
Stop handing out bogus advice, MS, and start talking to the left hand. That has always been your problem.
I wasted half a day trying **** advice. You guys really ought to start talking to one another once in a while.
The better question would be why does HP flag this as a necessary update in Windows Update when the one that's currently installed in newer anyway (That's the real problem, BTW.). that's why the install keeps failing, at least according to the folks over on the HP Forum (actual HP techs). That question is still outstanding on both forums. I don't expect to ever see an answer. :(