Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?
Thanks,
Tom
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Tom,
Pləase double-check that error number.
If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490
<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>
UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013
Tried this with one error still remaining. tried to login as adminstrator at command prompt to try another fix I saw listed here. That didn't work as I have Windows 10 already and somehow it won't let me become the administrator. Help!
That worked. The two phantom devices must have been my previous printer. Thanks.
Would this apply to the update to 8.1 from windows 8 too as I am getting the exact error message.
Your the best M Crocker. Thank you.