When I record a narration then play it, there is no sound

Anonymous
2013-05-24T12:30:56+00:00

Original title: Help! Narration- Movie Maker 12

I'm using movie maker 2012- windows 8 but can't record any narration? I've got a mic and headset plugged in, which my laptop is picking up fine... When I record Narration and save as a file, then play back there is no sound! I can't When I go to video volume options it's just grey and blocked out so I can't change anything there.... any ideas? Many thanks, Chris.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-25T05:46:38+00:00

Hi ChrisChambers1988,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand that you're not able to record any narration in Movie Maker. It's possible that the mic you're using is not properly plugged in so to rule out that this is contributing to the issue, kindly plug in and plug out your mic.

Furthermore, kindly record a narration using your computer's Sound Recorder then check if you can hear the audio afterwards.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-31T00:43:18+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for providing us the information within the private message. I have escalated your issue to our support specialist for further assistance on your inquiry. The issue will be given an update once an investigation has been made. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a timeframe as to when an update will be given. Please check this thread from time to time or, click the Email update on the first post to receive an email whenever a reply has been made within this thread.

    Your patience is highly appreciated on the matter.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-10T20:26:38+00:00

    Hello,

    It has been 11 days since I last heard from you, which, you will certainly agree, is extremely long to not hear anything for a tech support issue. What do I need to do in order to hear something? This is enormously frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-11T07:21:18+00:00

    Hello,

    As of the moment, your issue is still under our support specialist’s end. Please visit this thread from time to time to see if there are updates on your inquiry.

    We appreciate your patience.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-11T12:06:18+00:00

    What is the "specialist" doing?!? Is s/he actually working on it? Again, we have been working on this for weeks and the last response was 11 days of silence!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments