When I record a narration then play it, there is no sound

Anonymous
2013-05-24T12:30:56+00:00

Original title: Help! Narration- Movie Maker 12

I'm using movie maker 2012- windows 8 but can't record any narration? I've got a mic and headset plugged in, which my laptop is picking up fine... When I record Narration and save as a file, then play back there is no sound! I can't When I go to video volume options it's just grey and blocked out so I can't change anything there.... any ideas? Many thanks, Chris.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-25T05:46:38+00:00

Hi ChrisChambers1988,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand that you're not able to record any narration in Movie Maker. It's possible that the mic you're using is not properly plugged in so to rule out that this is contributing to the issue, kindly plug in and plug out your mic.

Furthermore, kindly record a narration using your computer's Sound Recorder then check if you can hear the audio afterwards.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-23T14:07:25+00:00
    1. Create movie from images. Save as standard WLMP file.
    2. Add music. Save WLMP file again.
    3. Record narration.
    4. Playback - images & music as they should be, no narration.
    5. Save, try again - same result.
    6. Click on "Save Movie". Select Vimeo.
    7. Play Vimeo video, the music and narration are present.

    To be clear, I can see the narration wav image beneath the music. Since the narration is present in an exported file, it's clearly not an issue with the recording.

    I know it is not uncommon with the latest version of MM as I researched this problem extensively before coming here. I have found MANY forums/comments/blogposts/sites that talk about this, none of which successfully resolved the issue. So I'm not crazy.

    But the issue is very frustrating and is currently preventing me from finishing my project.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-24T05:49:52+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the additional information. I have re-escalated this issue to our support specialist for further investigation. We'll post back once we have new updates.

    Your patience is highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Glenda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-26T21:04:23+00:00

    Any luck?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-27T17:28:16+00:00

    Hi wcs2,

    Thank you for your reply. I've checked on the status of your issue and it is still under investigation. We will update this post once we received an update on your issue.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments