When I record a narration then play it, there is no sound

Anonymous
2013-05-24T12:30:56+00:00

Original title: Help! Narration- Movie Maker 12

I'm using movie maker 2012- windows 8 but can't record any narration? I've got a mic and headset plugged in, which my laptop is picking up fine... When I record Narration and save as a file, then play back there is no sound! I can't When I go to video volume options it's just grey and blocked out so I can't change anything there.... any ideas? Many thanks, Chris.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-25T05:46:38+00:00

Hi ChrisChambers1988,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand that you're not able to record any narration in Movie Maker. It's possible that the mic you're using is not properly plugged in so to rule out that this is contributing to the issue, kindly plug in and plug out your mic.

Furthermore, kindly record a narration using your computer's Sound Recorder then check if you can hear the audio afterwards.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-25T19:55:55+00:00

    Hi cmoneylady,

    Thank you for your reply. We received the log files that you've provided. Upon checking, we still need the System Event logs for investigation. Please follow the steps below:

    1. Click Start, type eventvwr on theStart      Search box and then press Enter to open the Event Viewer window.
    2. Double-click      Windows Logs to expand the dropdown list.
    3. Right-click      on System and click on Save All Events As... or Save      Events As... Now, Save the file on the Desktop.
    4. Right-click on the Event Viewer file on the Desktop and clickSend To, choose Compressed      (zipped) folder.

    Upload the logs on the private message area. Make sure that you are sign in to Microsoft Community forum and click the You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages sectionlink on your post to access it.

    If you have further questions, please let us know.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-25T07:49:39+00:00

    Hi cmoneylady,

    Thank you for posting your issue in Microsoft Community Forum.

    For us to help you, kindly verify if you are having the same issue like what original poster is encountering. If yes, have you tried the given troubleshooting given on this thread? Does the issue still persist? If the troubleshooting steps did not help you resolve it, provide us the log files needed for our investigation on the private message I have created. To collect log files, follow the steps on this link.

    Please click on You have a private reply to this message link just above your post to view the message. Don't forget to sign in to Microsoft Community Forum to view the link.

    However, if you're having other issues or concern you may provide us more details of what you are encountering for us to help you resolve it.

    Your cooperation on this matter will be highly appreciated. I'll look forward to your reply.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-25T03:11:51+00:00

    Where can I find the log files for upload?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-11T19:44:46+00:00

    Hi wcs2,

    We are sorry that you are experiencing this issue, we know how frustrating it can be. Our Support Escalation Engineers are still investigating this issue. Rest assured that this concern will not be taken for granted. We will update this thread once we have a fix for this matter.

    With this, we don't have an estimated time when this will be fixed.

    We appreciate your cooperation and patience.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments