how to get my printer online

Anonymous
2013-02-16T00:47:15+00:00

I have windows 8 and an epson workforce 520.  I cannot get it online.  I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-25T19:25:04+00:00

    I have windows 8 and an epson workforce 520.  I cannot get it online.  I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.

    I have windows 8.1 and the same problem.

    If windows 8.1 discovers the printer is off OR ON STANDBY, it never-ever-never checks it again!

    It takes a reboot to get it to see the printer is on.

    You screwed the pooch bad, Microsoft!  Windows 8.1 will not kick the printer from Standby.  all the other windows since 64-bit XP did just fine!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-17T19:55:34+00:00

    my printer is on

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-09T23:33:48+00:00

    I have windows 8 and an epson workforce 520.  I cannot get it online.  I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.

    I have windows 8.1 and the same problem.

    If windows 8.1 discovers the printer is off OR ON STANDBY, it never-ever-never checks it again!

    It takes a reboot to get it to see the printer is on.

    You screwed the pooch bad, Microsoft!  Windows 8.1 will not kick the printer from Standby.  all the other windows since 64-bit XP did just fine!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-02-11T01:49:09+00:00

    I am having this same issue, normally by chance only i can bring it out of it, but i work by my computer and am having a difficult time with it this time, i have a MAC , there isnt a windows button, but i have cancelled jobs, rebooted everything, and it will not go online..HELP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-15T20:41:43+00:00

    Possible Solution!

    First, check your network adapter settings, under TCP ver 4, WINS tab, that "NetBIOS over TCP/IP" is enabled.

    Second, go to Services - Check that the TCP/IP NetBIOS is started, and that it starts automatically.

    Third - check the firewall(s), whatever ones you have, to insure the computer has access to the Printer or Network Access Storage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments