how to get my printer online

Anonymous
2013-02-16T00:47:15+00:00

I have windows 8 and an epson workforce 520.  I cannot get it online.  I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-16T16:48:36+00:00

    Hi Linda,

    Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.

    I understand that the printer connected to Windows 8 computer shows offline.

    I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

    Method 1: Check the status of the printer at Control Panel. Set it to online.

    a)      Press Windows key + X, select Control panel

    b)      Select Hardware and Sound.

    c)      Click Devices and printer.

    d)      If the Printer is offline, it shows “Offline” status. If the Printer is online it shows “Ready”.

    e)      If the Printer is offline, set it to online.

    f)       Right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online”.

    g)      The display should change to ready when the printer is set to online.

    Method 2: Refer to the article given below and follow the instructions.

    Fix printer problems

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/printer-problems-in-windows-help#fix-printer-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

    Also refer to the article given below.

    Find and install printer drivers

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/find-and-install-printer-drivers

    If the issue persists, please contact the Epson support regarding this.

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp

    Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any queries related to Windows, please feel free to post. We are here to help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-16T17:00:51+00:00

    Make sure the printer is turned on. Offline means it is turned off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-18T00:19:45+00:00

    Yes, that was the first thing I did, thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-18T00:21:28+00:00

    That information was very helpful, I got it online but it won't connect to wi-fi.  Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-31T19:54:45+00:00

    Followed the directions but there is no selection "Use Printer Online"

    Just FYI, the printer has been turned on and looks like it should look when it is turned on.  Thanks for any help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments