how to get my printer online

Anonymous
2013-02-16T00:47:15+00:00

I have windows 8 and an epson workforce 520.  I cannot get it online.  I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-25T19:25:04+00:00

    I have windows 8 and an epson workforce 520.  I cannot get it online.  I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.

    I have windows 8.1 and the same problem.

    If windows 8.1 discovers the printer is off OR ON STANDBY, it never-ever-never checks it again!

    It takes a reboot to get it to see the printer is on.

    You screwed the pooch bad, Microsoft!  Windows 8.1 will not kick the printer from Standby.  all the other windows since 64-bit XP did just fine!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-10T09:58:39+00:00

    I have an HP office jet printer that is off line how do I get it back online to print

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-18T00:08:04+00:00

    that was a dumbest reply ever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-04T13:01:55+00:00

    I have the same issue with the printer being off-line and no option to 'use printer on-line' I have windows 8 and was previously able to print - I take my laptop home and on coming back into work it has decided it will not print. It is connected to the network here (green tick ect) and the drivers all look ok, the printer is on and others in the office are printing to it fine. This is a new laptop and I am not happy as I need to print shipping labels regularly :( please help,

    D

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-23T04:53:33+00:00

    I have the same problem but I'm convinced that the problem originates from Windows 8.1 because,

    1. I didn't have any problems until today
    2. the printer is only a couple of weeks old DELL 2155 cdn
    3. the printer is connected to our home network
    4. I also use a MacBook Pro on the same network and it is still printing without any problems
    5. I removed the printer and reinstalled it.
    6. a test page printed on installation
    7. now that the PC has had a chance to "Sleep" it thinks that the printer is offline and bugger me if there's no option in Windows to bring it back from the dead

    Now, can Microsoft sort that one out

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments