how to get my printer online

Anonymous
2013-02-16T00:47:15+00:00

I have windows 8 and an epson workforce 520.  I cannot get it online.  I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-05-05T09:48:53+00:00

    Hello Gerald,

    To better assist you with connecting your printer, we would like you to answer the following questions:

    • Are you using a wireless printer?
    • Which Windows version are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

    In the meantime, you can check this link: Fix printer problems. This article contains steps that you can perform to help you connect your device.

    Looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-21T22:37:46+00:00

    I have windows 8 and an HP 4500, G510g.  I cannot get it online.  I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-17T19:55:34+00:00

    my printer is on

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-18T00:08:04+00:00

    that was a dumbest reply ever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-23T04:53:33+00:00

    I have the same problem but I'm convinced that the problem originates from Windows 8.1 because,

    1. I didn't have any problems until today
    2. the printer is only a couple of weeks old DELL 2155 cdn
    3. the printer is connected to our home network
    4. I also use a MacBook Pro on the same network and it is still printing without any problems
    5. I removed the printer and reinstalled it.
    6. a test page printed on installation
    7. now that the PC has had a chance to "Sleep" it thinks that the printer is offline and bugger me if there's no option in Windows to bring it back from the dead

    Now, can Microsoft sort that one out

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments