how to show all programs, windows 8

Anonymous
2012-12-31T02:49:07+00:00

ORIGINAL TITlE:Where is Programs  

   I have just got into window 8 from window XP. problem is that I cannot find programs from start. this programs had programs like accessories like calculator,  note pad, painter , ms word etc. please help. Ashi Suri

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-11T07:22:44+00:00

    I am not a guru, but when I want to see if a program is active, I go to the Control Panel and select "Programs" which will uninstall them but if they are there, then I search else where. Sorry if this sounds like a round-about way to find what you're looking for but it works for me.

    No, the original poster is not looking to see what's installed or to uninstall a program. He is trying to launch a program from the Start Menu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-12T16:23:47+00:00

    hello

    you can find classic shell here

    http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

    for insructions you see

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIBGAO9-8BI

    so you have a start butten like you had in older versions from windows

    you can changes what you want,you can skip metro by example.

    edje

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-10T19:13:07+00:00

    I tried that and it didn't work. Had Windows 8 a couple years now and it is STILL unusable!!!! WORST interface ever!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-10T19:33:25+00:00

    On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 19:13:07 +0000, ltlauinger wrote:

    I tried that and it didn't work. Had Windows 8 a couple years now and it is STILL unusable!!!! WORST interface ever!!!!

    It sounds like you perhaps don't realize that Windows 8 has two
    interfaces, not one; the Modern/Metro Interface (which may be all
    you've looked at) and the traditional Desktop Interface. You can use
    either one or both. That traditional  Desktop Interface is almost
    identical to Windows 7's interface; the biggest difference is that
    there is no Start Orb to click to bring up the Start menu.

    But note that you can get the Start Orb back by using one of several
    third-party programs, either free or very inexpensive (Classic Shell
    at  http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ and Start8 at
    http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/; my personal preference is
    Start8, but they are both very good). 
    And going from one interface to  the other is very easy; there are
    several ways, but simply pressing the Windows key is perhaps the
    easiest.  I use Windows 8, almost exclusively with the traditional
    desktop interface, and with Start 8 installed. If you were to look at
    and use my computer, you might have a hard time realizing that it's
    not Windows 7.
    I also recommend that you read "How to Make Windows 8 or 8.1 Look and
    Feel Like Windows 7" at http://www.howtogeek.com/elk/298/45121/4206

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-10T19:44:02+00:00

    I tried that and it didn't work.

    That implies that you can see a Taskbar and were able to create a new Toolbar in it.  What else?  What did you try to do with it?  What happened?  Help us help you.  Remember, your words have to substitute for what our eyes might notice.

    HTH

    Robert Aldwinckle


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments