how to show all programs, windows 8

Anonymous
2012-12-31T02:49:07+00:00

ORIGINAL TITlE:Where is Programs  

   I have just got into window 8 from window XP. problem is that I cannot find programs from start. this programs had programs like accessories like calculator,  note pad, painter , ms word etc. please help. Ashi Suri

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-21T15:20:14+00:00

    Try right clicking the task bar, add a new toolbar, and point at this folder:

    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

    Replace C with whatever drive you happen to have Windows installed at.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-20T17:53:41+00:00

    Go to Metro interface.  Touch center of screen and swipe up. Sort by Category.  Now it's just like the start menu with the apps grouped by program.  This took care of the frustration I was having.  With a mouse, there is an arrow in the lower left corner of the screen that gives you the same access.

    Todd

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-11T05:45:33+00:00

    ORIGINAL TITlE:Where is Programs  

     

       I have just got into window 8 from window XP. problem is that I cannot find programs from start. this programs had programs like accessories like calculator,  note pad, painter , ms word etc. please help. Ashi Suri

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-04T22:07:58+00:00

    Hi,

    See my reply above in this thread.

    While on the Start Screen type - Help

    Or Win Key + Q = Search Apps - Help

    Or Charms Menu - Search - Apps - Help

    After any of the above -> On left click -> Help and Support.

    ==================================

    Windows 8 Solution Center - on left side - Learn more

    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-8

    Meet Windows - A beautiful Start

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/meet

    Get to know Windows

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/basics#1TC=t1

    How-to : Get to know Windows

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows/how-to#2TC=windows8

    Touch : swipe, tap, and beyond

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/touch-swipe-tap-beyond

    A pretty handy free App available from the Windows Store - Top Free is

    "Windows 8 Cheat Keys".

    http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/windows-8-cheat-keys/24f62990-98c7-4c26-95cb-cb09267680e8

    ==================================

    There is no Start Button or Start Menu in Windows 8.

    Where is the Start menu?

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/where-is-start-menu

    Customize the Start Screen

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/start-screen#1TC=t1

    Windows 8 does not have the Classic look available.

    3rd party programs can help :

    StarDock - Start8 - is $4.99 US

    http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

    Free

    Classic Shell

    http://www.classicshell.net/

    Pokki

    https://www.pokki.com/windows-8-start-menu

    Hope this helps.


    Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-04T21:52:32+00:00

    I enjoy the fact that not only do your instructions not work, the link you show here is invalid. I am quickly becoming disenchanted with the software I bought (which, btw, I am on the countdown to renewal, but have been unable to use to date). I can get no help through the online chat and the telephone lines are bogged down. Is there ANYONE that can help me find where my blasted program is so I can use it? I know I successfully downloaded it, I just can find it!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments