Touch your screen in the middle of the metro/start screen, drag up. All your programs are there. You can sort by install date, category, name, most used, or customize it how you want. With a mouse, move to the lower left corner, an arrow will appear, click it.
how to show all programs, windows 8
ORIGINAL TITlE:Where is Programs
I have just got into window 8 from window XP. problem is that I cannot find programs from start. this programs had programs like accessories like calculator, note pad, painter , ms word etc. please help. Ashi Suri
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-10-09T18:00:21+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-10-09T16:26:55+00:00 ORIGINAL TITlE:Where is Programs
I have just got into window 8 from window XP. problem is that I cannot find programs from start. this programs had programs like accessories like calculator, note pad, painter , ms word etc. please help. Ashi Suri
The MS Surface and W/8 is a very unusable system.
Right clicking Start Screen doe **** show a choice about programs.
Now how do I get the ALL Programs List ?
Bob
-
Anonymous
2014-09-10T16:01:03+00:00 I DO NOT HAVE A START BUTTON.
Press and release the Win- key. Or, equivalently, press Ctrl-Esc, exactly what we have been doing in Windows forever to get its "Start menu". You can even use an On-Screen Keyboard if you don't have a real keyboard and don't want to use any of the Modern UI. The Start button on the screen is completely redundant. It was only added in W8.1 to give mouse users something easier to do than digging one out of the corners.
-
Anonymous
2014-09-10T12:44:17+00:00 I need to install an additional mail account.
I am told to access 'All programs' by clicking Start button.
I DO NOT HAVE A START BUTTON.
So how do I do this.
And why is Windows 8.1. so damned hard to use -- why wasn't a Start button incorporated in the first place.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-15T13:33:32+00:00 When I press on the Windows key, Start is not one of the options. How do I get to the start screen?
Then what do you see? For a guess and assuming you have not installed any third-party STart menu software you could be seeing the Apps view. Then to get to the Start Screen you would press Ctrl-Tab from there.