touchscreen stopped working in samsung ativ 500t, maybe after upgrade to pro

Anonymous
2013-01-27T19:17:08+00:00

I have Samsung ativ pc 500t. IT was shipped with Windows 8 and worked perfectly. Last Thursday I upgrade it to Windows 8 Pro and few hours later on Friday it lost touchscreen capability partially. I can use stylus (s pen), but I cannot use fingers. I attached the device info about trh device I suspect should be related to touchscreen by fingers.

All help would be very appriciated. Thanks, David

Devices List

Created by using DevManView

Device Name Manufacturer Service Device Type Code Device Type Name Device Instance ID Location Capabilities Config Flags Disabled Connected Device Registry Time 1 Device Registry Time 2 Drive Letter Driver Description Driver Version .inf File .inf Section Driver Date Driver Registry Time
HID-compliant device (Standard system devices) HIDClass HID\ATML1000&Col01\4&2101be6d&0&0000 0x000000e0 0x00000000 No No 13. 12. 2012 0:33:49 13. 12. 2012 0:33:49 HID-compliant device 6.2.9200.16461 input.inf HID_Raw_Inst.NT 21. 6. 2006 26. 1. 2013 11:34:33
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-26T06:33:42+00:00

Hello there,

I use Samsung ATIV XE700T and Win 8.

It happens to me too after I uninstall the current Wacom driver (7.1.0-8 -Win8) and then install (7.0.9-5 -Win 7).

So why I installed Win 7 driver if I have Win 8 as OS?

Well, my stylus pen wasn't working on Adobe Flash Professional (was working anywhere else perfectly). So after I installed the Win 7 driver it started to work on Flash perfect too.

I am not sure if you already discovered but if you plug in any usb device, finger touch works for a while then again stops working. And the same thing happens when you plug out the device you plugged in.

As I am an illustrator, using pen on Flash for drawing is a priority for me so I didn't re-install the driver for Win8 again.

Solution:


1. Go to "Control Panel -> Programs" and uninstall the current driver (ISD Tablet).

2. Restart your computer.

3. Download and install this driver.

4. Restart your computer.


You are done!

Regards,

Kemal KAYA

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-06T10:33:59+00:00

Hi, it was definitely hardware problem in my case. Returned back, they simply changed everything and now is working like a breeze without any issues. BTW I did what you suggest. Touchscreen was not working even during boot, I did reinstall Windows this way at least 5 times.

All the best,

David

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-15T18:10:09+00:00

    Thanks for the update. It sounds like a driver/firmware issue to me but i cant find a fix. I also went to PRO and thought it might be why but i'm hearing other people are having the same issues who are still on RT. Others having device sleeping issues which may be related?. Keep me posted.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-28T16:26:43+00:00

    Same thing here - Samsung ATIV 500T touch screen was working, then stopped.  Pen works fine.  It just stopped, I had not rebooted, installed any updates, etc.  One minute it works, next minute it does not.  Makes no sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-28T18:17:34+00:00

    I checked Samsung updates and there was an update for the acceleromoter or something similar; I installed that which required a reboot; when the system came back up the touch screen worked again. 

    The keyboard stopped working until I undocked and docked again; but then it was fine.

    I suspect the reboot fixed it but I will keep an eye on it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments