touchscreen stopped working in samsung ativ 500t, maybe after upgrade to pro

Anonymous
2013-01-27T19:17:08+00:00

I have Samsung ativ pc 500t. IT was shipped with Windows 8 and worked perfectly. Last Thursday I upgrade it to Windows 8 Pro and few hours later on Friday it lost touchscreen capability partially. I can use stylus (s pen), but I cannot use fingers. I attached the device info about trh device I suspect should be related to touchscreen by fingers.

All help would be very appriciated. Thanks, David

Devices List

Created by using DevManView

Device Name Manufacturer Service Device Type Code Device Type Name Device Instance ID Location Capabilities Config Flags Disabled Connected Device Registry Time 1 Device Registry Time 2 Drive Letter Driver Description Driver Version .inf File .inf Section Driver Date Driver Registry Time
HID-compliant device (Standard system devices) HIDClass HID\ATML1000&Col01\4&2101be6d&0&0000 0x000000e0 0x00000000 No No 13. 12. 2012 0:33:49 13. 12. 2012 0:33:49 HID-compliant device 6.2.9200.16461 input.inf HID_Raw_Inst.NT 21. 6. 2006 26. 1. 2013 11:34:33
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-26T06:33:42+00:00

Hello there,

I use Samsung ATIV XE700T and Win 8.

It happens to me too after I uninstall the current Wacom driver (7.1.0-8 -Win8) and then install (7.0.9-5 -Win 7).

So why I installed Win 7 driver if I have Win 8 as OS?

Well, my stylus pen wasn't working on Adobe Flash Professional (was working anywhere else perfectly). So after I installed the Win 7 driver it started to work on Flash perfect too.

I am not sure if you already discovered but if you plug in any usb device, finger touch works for a while then again stops working. And the same thing happens when you plug out the device you plugged in.

As I am an illustrator, using pen on Flash for drawing is a priority for me so I didn't re-install the driver for Win8 again.

Solution:


1. Go to "Control Panel -> Programs" and uninstall the current driver (ISD Tablet).

2. Restart your computer.

3. Download and install this driver.

4. Restart your computer.


You are done!

Regards,

Kemal KAYA

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-06T10:33:59+00:00

Hi, it was definitely hardware problem in my case. Returned back, they simply changed everything and now is working like a breeze without any issues. BTW I did what you suggest. Touchscreen was not working even during boot, I did reinstall Windows this way at least 5 times.

All the best,

David

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T08:33:17+00:00

    i have the same problem. Yesterday the styles AND finger touch stopt working.

    No micorosoft or Samsung updates installed recently. Last updates 1,5 week ago. Since then: multiple shutdowns and restarts  before the problem arose.

    In my device manager i have 2 "IC2 HID Device" items. Both WITHOUT exclamtion mark, so they seem to work properly.

    This morning restarted the system and tested the touch functionality in the BIOS: It worked

    Conclusion: not a hardware failure.

    I use Windows 8.1

    Anyone suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T16:35:08+00:00

    I ended up sending my tablet back to Samsung authorized service and they had to replace the motherboard.  It was outside of warranty coverage and cost around $150.00 to fix.  It has been perfect since.  I am now running Windows 8.1 Professional Update 1 on it and it works perfectly. 

    If you send it for repair realize they will send it back with the purchase Windows 8 configuration installed.

    It is unfortunate that the BayTrail processors were not used in this line (they were not available at the time).  I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro 8" Tablet (Bay Trail Quad Core Atom SOC) that is half the price of the ATIV and so much more responsive. 

    From what I have read Samsung is getting out of the PC Market.  They are not going to make Windows PC's, Laptops, or Tablets.  They are concentrating on Android Tablets, Chromebooks, ChromeBoxes.

    If you are considering a very affordable 11 inch option look at the Dell Venue 11 Pro with BayTrail.  It is awesome as well.

    BayTrail 64 bit is now out and there should be power efficient fanless $450.00 tablets with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB SSD, very soon.

    Widows 8.1 Update 1 is great.  Unbelievably stable, FAST, somewhat smaller footprint.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-07T14:44:52+00:00

    Just spent best part of two days trying to fix touch screen prob on samsung ativ win 8.1. i could use stylus but not touch.  tried many of the fixes referred to by others , updates, reinstalls etc, but what finally fixed it for me was:

    From Windows START, search for 'touch', a list returns with 'calibrate screen for pen or touch input' at top of list.  choose this.  select RESET to delete current settings.  restart.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments