touchscreen stopped working in samsung ativ 500t, maybe after upgrade to pro

Anonymous
2013-01-27T19:17:08+00:00

I have Samsung ativ pc 500t. IT was shipped with Windows 8 and worked perfectly. Last Thursday I upgrade it to Windows 8 Pro and few hours later on Friday it lost touchscreen capability partially. I can use stylus (s pen), but I cannot use fingers. I attached the device info about trh device I suspect should be related to touchscreen by fingers.

All help would be very appriciated. Thanks, David

Devices List

Created by using DevManView

Device Name Manufacturer Service Device Type Code Device Type Name Device Instance ID Location Capabilities Config Flags Disabled Connected Device Registry Time 1 Device Registry Time 2 Drive Letter Driver Description Driver Version .inf File .inf Section Driver Date Driver Registry Time
HID-compliant device (Standard system devices) HIDClass HID\ATML1000&Col01\4&2101be6d&0&0000 0x000000e0 0x00000000 No No 13. 12. 2012 0:33:49 13. 12. 2012 0:33:49 HID-compliant device 6.2.9200.16461 input.inf HID_Raw_Inst.NT 21. 6. 2006 26. 1. 2013 11:34:33
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-26T06:33:42+00:00

Hello there,

I use Samsung ATIV XE700T and Win 8.

It happens to me too after I uninstall the current Wacom driver (7.1.0-8 -Win8) and then install (7.0.9-5 -Win 7).

So why I installed Win 7 driver if I have Win 8 as OS?

Well, my stylus pen wasn't working on Adobe Flash Professional (was working anywhere else perfectly). So after I installed the Win 7 driver it started to work on Flash perfect too.

I am not sure if you already discovered but if you plug in any usb device, finger touch works for a while then again stops working. And the same thing happens when you plug out the device you plugged in.

As I am an illustrator, using pen on Flash for drawing is a priority for me so I didn't re-install the driver for Win8 again.

Solution:


1. Go to "Control Panel -> Programs" and uninstall the current driver (ISD Tablet).

2. Restart your computer.

3. Download and install this driver.

4. Restart your computer.


You are done!

Regards,

Kemal KAYA

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-06T10:33:59+00:00

Hi, it was definitely hardware problem in my case. Returned back, they simply changed everything and now is working like a breeze without any issues. BTW I did what you suggest. Touchscreen was not working even during boot, I did reinstall Windows this way at least 5 times.

All the best,

David

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-29T07:24:23+00:00

    Hello,

    I have a solution to your problem. No need to reset, restore, exchange or even go to a service center.

    Confirm the following symptoms

    First answer these 2 questions:

    • When in Windows, are you getting a response from the S-pen input's but not from finger touch inputs? If YES, continue.
    • Turn 500t off. Hold in the windows home button (the one on the tab itself under the screen) and  press the power button to power it on. Keep the Windows home button in until you see the bios menu. Using your finger, does the machine respond to touch when selecting a menu?  If itdoes then this fix will work for you. If not, you have faulty hardware and it will need to be taken to the dealer.

    Download this Zip file. ATIV_500t touch fix.

    1. Unzip the files.
    2. Run the file called "DevManView.exe"
    3. Scroll down the list of your devices, you should see 2 that are called I2C HID Device.
    4. Right click the one which indicates an exclamation on it.
    5. Choose "Enable Device"

    Your device now works with your finger input. No need to reboot, activation takes immediate effect.

    Have fun and enjoy your Samsung Tab with full touch again. I hope I was of some help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-18T16:09:31+00:00

    RE: touchscreen stopped working in samsung ativ 500t, maybe after upgrade to pro

    Hi all

    I sent mine back to the store (in South Africa), Samsung agent took 2 weeks I only got it back so soon cause I hounded them, They reloaded all the software and.... delivered it..... NOT working!!

    So I lost all my apps, and my Microsoft Office load.

    Some irritable noise at customer service at the store with the store manager AND a Samsung agent who happened to be in store at the time got me a Totally NEW machine, which I am thankful for.

    going to stay subscribed to this forum for awhile.

    It seems like a hardware issue since neither my own or the  Samsung agent software reload did anything to fix the problem.

    Hope this helps others.

    PS I still like the concept of this machine. and Samsung and the Store deserve a chance to fix this, pity it took so long.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-08T13:11:10+00:00

    Yes. It wiped additional Samsung apps and misc stuff, but didn't solved the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments