Micro SD Card not detected in my New Nokia Lumia 520

Anonymous
2013-06-05T16:19:29+00:00

I recently bought a new lumia 520, i tried 3 Micro SD Cards and Lumia 520 didn't detect any of them, while they are working fine in other phones.. Now please tell me what to do

?

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-08T14:13:02+00:00

Hi Jahanzeb HussainQureshi,

Thanks for the forum entry.

Have you formatted the sd card over the Phone?

Did you try formatting the card over the PC?

Have you tried restarting the Phone?

What have you tried so far?

Best Regards,

Vasile M.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-14T04:34:35+00:00

    I just bought SanDisk ULTRA MicroSDHC UHS-I

    This card is also not detected by the Lumia 520.  Did I buy the "wrong" SD?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-03T17:22:24+00:00

    Why did you mess with NOKIA, I have been a client since 15 years ago and I have never had a problem before..... NOW even a simple task is a mess, a turmoil just use a microSD, download music to it, etc etc.... very disapointed   :(    :(    :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-02T23:06:13+00:00

    Sometimes the problem is the user's lack of ability to follow simple instructions.

    Simple instructions?! Sorry what? Remind me. Did they send me (or you) an extremely comprehensive manual which TOLD me to reset my phone once I placed my SD card in? Oh wait. No they didn't. Yeah. Simple instructions... The fact that I have to go online to FIND answers to something that quite frankly should be SIMPLE is just, as quite rightly said before, outrageous. Have you even read this post:

    http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA140433

    INCOMPATIBLE?! I am laughing. Incompatible. Here we are at the end of 2013 and they can't even sort out compatibility with external memory. Go on laugh. It's shocking isn't it? You just paid money for a phone that "isn't quite there yet." I'm not sure why they didn't lead with that in the advertisements. Would have surely raked in some more sales.

    It defies logic for you to have to format your phone after using your internal storage for several weeks, loading all personal information and downloading apps, just because you added a micro SD in afterwards.

    Simple instructions? Please outline exactly where these 'simple instructions' are. All my previous smartphones, albeit less up-to-date, at least got the fundamentals of a smartphone working.

    Outrageous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-29T09:32:31+00:00

    "It is incredible....the phone can perform so many complex duties....and something so SIMPLE CAN'T....storage the data in a microsd....outrageous!!!"

    Sometimes the problem is the user's lack of ability to follow simple instructions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments