Micro SD Card not detected in my New Nokia Lumia 520

Anonymous
2013-06-05T16:19:29+00:00

I recently bought a new lumia 520, i tried 3 Micro SD Cards and Lumia 520 didn't detect any of them, while they are working fine in other phones.. Now please tell me what to do

?

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-08T14:13:02+00:00

Hi Jahanzeb HussainQureshi,

Thanks for the forum entry.

Have you formatted the sd card over the Phone?

Did you try formatting the card over the PC?

Have you tried restarting the Phone?

What have you tried so far?

Best Regards,

Vasile M.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-28T07:31:56+00:00

    I recently bought a new lumia 520, i tried 3 Micro SD Cards and Lumia 520 didn't detect any of them, while they are working fine in other phones.. Now please tell me what to do

    ?

    Dear Friends,I had a Nokia Lumia 520 which is about two years old. But only earlier this month I first time tried to install a memory card. But it was not detected in my device. I was advised by the Nokia Care representative to reset the phone. But I was not interested to do so. After trying for few days suddenly I found an App called "File" by Microsoft Mobile in the App Store. Immediately after the installation my SD Card was visible under the App. However, it is an indirect way of utilizing the memory card. But now I am able to do all kind of data transfer and storage on the SD Card.

    I hope this will be helpful for you as well if you don't want to reset your handset.

    Amajit De.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-23T15:06:24+00:00

    My phone is not detecting the SD (Trancsend 8GB in Microsoft Lumia 532).. I tried restarting my phone.. All other SD cards are working fine in my phone except the one I'm using.. I can't format it because there are many files in that which are important for me.. Also I can't reset my phone because of the same reason..

    What should I do?? Anyone please help me..!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-09T13:07:38+00:00

    I have a 16gb Kingston card. It works in one Lumia 520 bought this month, but not in an older Lumia 520 bought a year ago.

    Formatting the card has not changed anything.

    One phone detects it instantly and is happy to accept it.

    The other phone does not even detect it.

    The problem must be with the phone right?

    Is it because it's older, or because it's been used, or are the phones just really poor quality with some that work and some that don't?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-04T21:17:52+00:00

    From Nokia support site

    Nokia Lumia 820 - My memory card is not working properly in Lumia phone

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/product/lumia820/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA141381

    This is generic information for all Lumia phones with an SD card

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments