Hi Jahanzeb HussainQureshi,
Thanks for the forum entry.
Have you formatted the sd card over the Phone?
Did you try formatting the card over the PC?
Have you tried restarting the Phone?
What have you tried so far?
Best Regards,
Vasile M.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I recently bought a new lumia 520, i tried 3 Micro SD Cards and Lumia 520 didn't detect any of them, while they are working fine in other phones.. Now please tell me what to do
?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Jahanzeb HussainQureshi,
Thanks for the forum entry.
Have you formatted the sd card over the Phone?
Did you try formatting the card over the PC?
Have you tried restarting the Phone?
What have you tried so far?
Best Regards,
Vasile M.
Thanks for the reply, I formatted the SD card on PC, I tried "Hard Reset", "Soft Reset" and the "Phone Reset", and I can't format the card on phone as it doesn't even detect the SD Card.. I've tried 3 SD Cards but Lumia 520 didn't detect one, however these SD Cards work fine on other phones be it Android, iOS or Symbian phone
The card must be SDHC, formatted to FAT32. Do a full format, not a quick format.
The card must be SDHC, formatted to FAT32. Do a full format, not a quick format.
Why Fat32? I formatted as exFat and it worked. Still, we should be able to replace SD cards without the need for a phone reset.
I had the same problem but a Complete format of the SD Card (quick format didn't work) under a PC with Windows 7 and Resetting the Phone with the SD Card inserted worked well. (My card is a Samsung 64GB class 10.)