How to remove Duplicate Email from inbox Live Mail.

Anonymous
2013-01-09T03:56:12+00:00

How to remove Duplicate Email from inbox  of Live Mail. The program initiates to download all the messages as if the inbox were empty. So we have three, four and even five copies of the same message.How can we remove all those duplicated email messages from our inbox?

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-24T01:39:56+00:00

    This is insane how Microsoft avoid question with usless non related detouring of debate. They instruct people anything just to drive them crazy or quit questioning any further out of desperation. 

    NO, U CAN'T DELETE DUPLICATES IN WLM. 

    But beauty of WLM is that stores emails in EML format. Use any file de-duplication software you want/use/know. 

    CAUTION: 

    WLM import email and rename them. So as many time you import them, it will import them making duplicates of duplicates. If Account is IMAP it will not accept deleted files from storage folder, but it will download them again. 

    1. copy all emails on separate location or drive (twice if you feel affraid
    2. delete all email within WLM, so al folders will be empty (on IMAP that will reflect to delete them on server too, on POP3 ake shure all email are downloaded and backed up before deleting them)
    3. de-duplicate files on drive BEFORE importing them back into WLM

    In folder in Windows you can sort EML files by subject, date, from, to, ... you just need to enable thoose columns (like normally you have filename, date modifyed, type, size... You can even make preset to one of five folder customization (general, music, documents, ...). 

    I hope this helps. 

    Thunderbird can't sync with new Outlook.com, eM client can, but email are in database... So I still use WLM under W7 in 2016/9. This tutorial is for myself or any other it might coma across later. WLM have its shorcommings but at the moment there is no greater substitute in all meanings. I still can sync contacts under NEW outlook account with my phone. Just for callendar I use eM client. For general email i use WLM, until someone writes proper APP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-14T01:40:18+00:00

    Export your email

    Import into Thunderbird

    Use the Thunderbird add-on which removes duplicates

    Stay in Thunderbird:)

    There is no way to do it in WLM

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-18T15:29:31+00:00

    I have had a number of times now where my computer is running very slow and my windows live is stalling and when the windows live comes back up is starts downloading 1000s of emails over again.

    Not only this, but when backing up my mails and importing them after fresh install there are duplicates that come through and then many mails formatting was wrong and I get emails that have funny characters in the copy and several emails combined in each email.

    Unfortunately I need to keep even these emails in case they might have some valuable info like login details to one of my accounts or access info to software, etc.

    I found a tool that says it can delete these duplicates called Delete Duplicates which says it will assess the mails and filter and delete duplicates in Outlook and Live.

    The main issue I have with this is will it delete the wrong email.  Maybe the email it deletes is the good formatted email and it keeps the one that is junk...?

    Anyway, here is a link to ask.com with info on the tool.  I have not used it yet, but am considering since I have hundreds of thousands of emails which is a major pain especially when I do a security scan on my computer and it takes hours just running through my emails.

    http://email.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=email&cdn=compute&tm=18&f=10&su=p504.6.342.ip_&tt=4&bt=3&bts=6&zu=http%3A//e-gadgets.freehostia.com/ddoe.htm

    Anybody have any other ideas on this let me know as I would love to clean up my dogon email folders.

    Now getting:

    "

    Sorry, the page you're looking for is unavailable.

    We are working to correct this, and our teams have been notified. In the meantime, please visit our homepage.

    © 2014 About.com — All rights reserved"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-17T00:48:50+00:00

    I've just had this problem occur with the Win 10 upgrade! Not fun as I now have over 8000 emails in my inbox when before I had less than a 100.

    I've tried using the new mail client too with windows 10 but that just keeps doing strange and weird stuff with emails I'm trying to send, so I stopped using it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-15T08:54:40+00:00

    Off to search for another email application. Windows Live Mail is useless. Cannot attach images, unable to remove duplicates that it has created when changing PC's and complete lack of support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments