Cannot move or copy files: The requested resource is in use.

Anonymous
2013-03-11T13:27:08+00:00

Hello, I encountered this error about a month or two. I was attempting to fix this myself before posting and asking the question in Microsoft Answers. I was trying to move and copy some pictures and videos from my phone to my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC. I have tried moving some files from my old phone to the PC, I still encounter this. I have noted that everytime I have to wait until the preview window has generated the thumbnail or preview whatever then I can open or copy to my PC's desktop. I have also tried copy to another directory, but I still encounter the same. I dont wanna waste time on this and wait for the preview comes everytime to open or copy the file. Ive also tried to cancel or hide the preview pane to stop generating the preview. But I still got the same result. So here I am asking for advices and help. Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-12T09:58:08+00:00

When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane. 

 and try now your problem will resolved.

thanks and regards

Manish Raj Bhatnagar.

Was this answer helpful?

1200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T14:53:54+00:00

    Connect Your phone through on board usb and try

    because some time front panel doesn't support some hardware.

    you need to wait till  os read the hardware.

    If it not works there might me problem with applications

    to make repair your crash applications

    click on start menu icon

    type cmd on (search program and files text box)

    right click on cmd click on run as administrator

    type sfc/scannow

    wait until it scan and repair crash application(whatever be the result of this command follow the process one after the other).

    after that try your process of coping files from phone to pc or pc to phone.

    let me know if it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T14:30:12+00:00

    I had this problem when copying files from a OnePlus One phone.  I had Android debugging turned on in my phone.  I turned off Android debugging and the copy went fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-28T21:39:20+00:00

    Unbelievable. I closed the preview pane (click on square button beside the question mark icon at top right) and I could copy the files from my Android to my Windows 7 PC. Such a simple solution caused me much grief.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments