When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane.
and try now your problem will resolved.
thanks and regards
Manish Raj Bhatnagar.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, I encountered this error about a month or two. I was attempting to fix this myself before posting and asking the question in Microsoft Answers. I was trying to move and copy some pictures and videos from my phone to my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC. I have tried moving some files from my old phone to the PC, I still encounter this. I have noted that everytime I have to wait until the preview window has generated the thumbnail or preview whatever then I can open or copy to my PC's desktop. I have also tried copy to another directory, but I still encounter the same. I dont wanna waste time on this and wait for the preview comes everytime to open or copy the file. Ive also tried to cancel or hide the preview pane to stop generating the preview. But I still got the same result. So here I am asking for advices and help. Thank you.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane.
and try now your problem will resolved.
thanks and regards
Manish Raj Bhatnagar.
dear Sir I have not use the software for copying the file mobile to PC .I have android mobile phone.
and i am copying the PDF file but PC show the error (the requested source is in use)
how can I rectify the problem.
I did something different than the 'preview pane' answer, and it worked!
In file explorer, I went to 'options' near the top right of the pane, then on the 'General' tab, I selected "Open file explorer to:" and chose "PC". The only other option was "quick access", and that's what the default was set to.
So simple! Try it and let me know. :)
This did not work for me, but I found another solution - see my later post.
My PROBLEM: MP4 file would not transfer via usb cable from Android smartphone to Win 7 Pro laptop (other file types transfered ok) - error message in Windows Explorer "The requested resource is in use".
SOLUTION: in same phone source folder select one or more (non-MP4) other files with the MP4 file, then move or copy all in one transaction. This prevents selected file details appearing at bottom of source window in Win Explorer, which seems to trigger file in use error message. I had tried reducing file details view to "list" only, as suggested by others, but it had not worked. Unwanted transfered files can be deleted afterwards.