Cannot move or copy files: The requested resource is in use.

Anonymous
2013-03-11T13:27:08+00:00

Hello, I encountered this error about a month or two. I was attempting to fix this myself before posting and asking the question in Microsoft Answers. I was trying to move and copy some pictures and videos from my phone to my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC. I have tried moving some files from my old phone to the PC, I still encounter this. I have noted that everytime I have to wait until the preview window has generated the thumbnail or preview whatever then I can open or copy to my PC's desktop. I have also tried copy to another directory, but I still encounter the same. I dont wanna waste time on this and wait for the preview comes everytime to open or copy the file. Ive also tried to cancel or hide the preview pane to stop generating the preview. But I still got the same result. So here I am asking for advices and help. Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-12T09:58:08+00:00

When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane. 

 and try now your problem will resolved.

thanks and regards

Manish Raj Bhatnagar.

Was this answer helpful?

1200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-12T15:25:49+00:00

    None of these solutions work and Microsoft has terminated all the support in Windows 10.

    What is the bug here and how do I fux it short of re-booting every time

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-09T00:07:12+00:00

    A work around.  If you have google drive (gmail account) just transfer the file to your google drive using the android google drive app.  Doesn't fix the issue but gets the file from your phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-31T17:30:44+00:00

    Nice! I wish your response was at the top of the list, great work-around, thanks for taking the time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-29T09:16:38+00:00

    When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane. 

     and try now your problem will resolved.

    thanks and regards

    Manish Raj Bhatnagar.

    I encountered the same problem and your solution worked pretty well. Just for curiosity what is the reason for this problem to occur in the first place?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments