Cannot move or copy files: The requested resource is in use.

Anonymous
2013-03-11T13:27:08+00:00

Hello, I encountered this error about a month or two. I was attempting to fix this myself before posting and asking the question in Microsoft Answers. I was trying to move and copy some pictures and videos from my phone to my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC. I have tried moving some files from my old phone to the PC, I still encounter this. I have noted that everytime I have to wait until the preview window has generated the thumbnail or preview whatever then I can open or copy to my PC's desktop. I have also tried copy to another directory, but I still encounter the same. I dont wanna waste time on this and wait for the preview comes everytime to open or copy the file. Ive also tried to cancel or hide the preview pane to stop generating the preview. But I still got the same result. So here I am asking for advices and help. Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-12T09:58:08+00:00

When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane. 

 and try now your problem will resolved.

thanks and regards

Manish Raj Bhatnagar.

Was this answer helpful?

1200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-13T11:44:08+00:00

    Turn your computer off and reboot

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-13T11:29:30+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for your findings.

    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?

    Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-11T23:21:31+00:00

    I had this hair pull inducing problem as well. After searching for answers a bit, it turns out that you need to close the preview pane in order for the file transfer to work. This is a seriously annoying bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    200+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-17T08:18:43+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for your response.

    I would suggest that you try to create a new user account and check. If the issue is fixed, then fix a corrupted user profile.


    New User account:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-user-account

    Fix a corrupted user profile:

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

    If the issue persists, please get back to us at the earliest. We will be glad to help you further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments