When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane.
and try now your problem will resolved.
thanks and regards
Manish Raj Bhatnagar.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, I encountered this error about a month or two. I was attempting to fix this myself before posting and asking the question in Microsoft Answers. I was trying to move and copy some pictures and videos from my phone to my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC. I have tried moving some files from my old phone to the PC, I still encounter this. I have noted that everytime I have to wait until the preview window has generated the thumbnail or preview whatever then I can open or copy to my PC's desktop. I have also tried copy to another directory, but I still encounter the same. I dont wanna waste time on this and wait for the preview comes everytime to open or copy the file. Ive also tried to cancel or hide the preview pane to stop generating the preview. But I still got the same result. So here I am asking for advices and help. Thank you.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane.
and try now your problem will resolved.
thanks and regards
Manish Raj Bhatnagar.
I had this hair pull inducing problem as well. After searching for answers a bit, it turns out that you need to close the preview pane in order for the file transfer to work. This is a seriously annoying bug.
I had this hair pull inducing problem as well. After searching for answers a bit, it turns out that you need to close the preview pane in order for the file transfer to work. This is a seriously annoying bug. This worked! I like how the engineers always like to say something about the user profile being corrupted, I guess those profiles are programmed like **** or something. Users always have the answers!
Hi,
First of all, thanks for your time on reading my post.
Ya, I have tried that on safe mode. But it comes with the same error message says "The requested resource is in use." For the use of Phone software, my phone's companion software doesn't have a feature that is copying and moving files. So the only way is to do it in Windows. I am trying to drag and drop the files to my desktop. I have also tried to right click, select copy and paste it on desktop. But it doesn't work. For the Microsoft Fix It tool, I have downloaded it and ran it but it doesn't fix the problem at all. Anyway, thanks for your advice.
I was having the same problem with my Windows 7 computer. After I closed the preview pane, I was able to transfer my videos from my camera to my computer. No more error messages. :)
Thanks NonPersonallyIdentifyingNameWithExctly50Characters!