My t.v. is a Visio smart t.v. E-series E400i and my laptop is a HP 17ts windows 8.1. Can I stream from my laptop wireless to the t.v. without cables?
how do i connect laptop to smart tv using wi-fi..?? Any application related to it.??
want to stream laptop on to a tv screen using wifi...?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2015-02-22T19:38:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-05-19T16:36:29+00:00 tv is visio p series smart tv, smartphone is oneplus one, laptop is dell with hmdi, desktop is emachine with no hdmi, it has usb 3.0 and wifi , I have tmobile data service but no wifi service. any help PLEASE
-
Anonymous
2015-09-08T00:48:19+00:00 Hi Harshal,
Welcome to Microsoft Community Forums and thank you for choosing Windows 8 as your operating system.
I see that you want to know how to connect the laptop to a Smart TV, through Wi-Fi.
Let us work together to resolve this issue.
However, please answer these questions so that we can understand the issue better.
**1.**Is the TV Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) enabled?
**2.**What is the make and model of the TV and the laptop?
**3.**Are both the devices connected to the modem?
**4.**Do you have Windows Media Center installed on the computer?
**5.**Are you able to connect the laptop and the TV using an HDMI cable?
Please get back to us with the answers so that we can diagnose the issue correctly.
Reference link:
Note: refer to the steps given by Support Engineer Vikrant Yadav.
Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.
Please get back to us with the results.
If you have any further questions regarding Windows operating systems, contact us on this forum. We are happy to assist.
I have movie tube on my laptop and I want to watch it on my tv I have a lg smart tv can u help me please
-
Anonymous
2015-09-08T03:03:20+00:00 Are you talking about MOVIETUBE website or some metro app in windows 8.1?
And it kind of helps if you mention the Model number of your Smart TV and your computer. The hardware on your computer determines if you can send something to your TV and how you send it. The mention of DLNA above being enabled, well, anyone who knows about Smart TVs, knows that answer and it is YES. In general, I know Smart TVs supports DLNA. But Smart TVs may support Widi also, pending on how new they are. And if you have INTEL Widi onboard your computer, and the Widi software, you can Mirror your laptop to the Smart TV. Or you can buy a Widi device and put it on your computer. Actually, in order for anyone to answer your question, they need to know more about your computer, the OS, the Hardware, and your TVs system and Hardware it supports. That way you can determine weather or not you need to purchase something to use your TV as a Wireless display. And using it as DLNA, you usually need the Video already on the HD to play. However, Chrome has a Plugin, that I found that will play Video from a website, and I am not talking about ChromeCAST plugins, but a different one, but you need to install two extensions or apps to do this in chrome.
-
Anonymous
2015-12-13T03:59:00+00:00 I need to find out how to steam my laptop screen to my TV using WiFi