Do you really have to ask? It is that simple. Sorry I am surprised you could download Windows 8.
From Blue Bird to HQ we have reports of multiple shots fired
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone ,
I'm a longtime user an a BIG fan of Microsoft , I've always notice that MS support Iranian language updates (Persian - Farsi) and everything like Proofing tools for Office or LUI for windows or office . but after I've installed Windows 8 (an incredible step MS .. way to go , nice job) I'm really sad that you frogot about IRAN , we can't use store without an active VPN connection (SO SO Slow in Iran) .
so my question is : As start of this year by the request of president Obama , some software companies that we were always in ther sanctioned list cleared us from those list , the big example of course is Apple ," yes we can download everything from apple without a VPN connection or a twisted workaround .." but why Microsoft is not letting us in IRAN to use windows store ? in the mean time we have to use VPN and it's very painful .
just a reminder . the more windows store user .. the more developer .. the more developer = MORE CUSTOMER and more Business advantage for Microsoft ..
please reconsider or give an honest answer .
and one more thing .. guys please don't forward me to this link.
BIG BIG FAN ,
Ashkan
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Do you really have to ask? It is that simple. Sorry I am surprised you could download Windows 8.
From Blue Bird to HQ we have reports of multiple shots fired
As Iran's banking system not connected world wide, we can't do the payments with Iranian credit cards so we register an account in one of neighbor countries banks with passport and get the Visa/Master card with those accounts. Turkey and mostly UAE (is bank, royal bank..).
This is not the main issue, the main issue is windows store doesn't work at all. You can't even update windows components or download free apps.
My Surface music player is not working right now :(
I also don't have access to the windows appstore.
------LOL
I have a Surface RT in Iran and I know a lot of surface users in Iran, I've contacted Microsoft support and they couldn't find a way to JUST A SIMPLE update for my surface programs as whole windows store doesn't work at all. and now Both News app and Music app stopped working, Asking me to update that I can't! Very simple. I'm so unhappy with buying this piece of ****. ALL OTHER TABLETS just works fine here.
Now I find out why Microsoft lost 900M$ on surface with poor sales and I'm shifting to iPad as it works just fine. Sanctions? US ADMIN LIFTED SANCTIONS FOR IT PRODUCTS LONG TIME AGO FOR IRANIAN PEOPLE, WAKEEEEEEE UP MICROSOFT.