windows store isn't available in your region for IRAN , Apple Store is not sanctioned for us why MS ?

Anonymous
2012-12-04T14:22:28+00:00

Hi everyone ,

I'm a longtime user an a BIG fan of Microsoft , I've always notice that MS support Iranian language updates (Persian - Farsi) and everything like Proofing tools for Office or LUI for windows or office . but after I've installed Windows 8 (an incredible step MS .. way to go , nice job) I'm really sad that you frogot about IRAN , we can't use store without an active VPN connection (SO SO Slow in Iran) .

so my question is : As start of this year by the request of president Obama , some software companies that we were always in ther sanctioned list cleared us from those list , the big example of course is Apple ," yes we can download everything from apple without a VPN connection or a twisted workaround .." but why Microsoft is not letting us in IRAN to use windows store ? in the mean time we have to use VPN and it's very painful .

just a reminder . the more windows store user .. the more developer .. the more developer = MORE CUSTOMER and more Business advantage for Microsoft ..

please reconsider or give an honest answer .

and one more thing .. guys please don't forward me to this link.

BIG BIG FAN ,

Ashkan

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-11T18:07:28+00:00

    I Myself Do Not Have An Apple Product But My Friends Do And I have seen them download iOS apps using Appstore...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-11T18:23:46+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. btbt 11,841 Reputation points
    2013-06-11T20:22:22+00:00

    I Myself Do Not Have An Apple Product But My Friends Do And I have seen them download iOS apps using Appstore...

    Are you sure it's the Apple app store and not something jailbroken? Because it's going to take months to get these stores up and running like any new country.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-12T07:23:32+00:00

    I Just Confirmed With Them, Yes its apple Appstore & it works most of the day until the connection speed goes less than 512 KBps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. btbt 11,841 Reputation points
    2013-06-12T12:31:43+00:00

    They've jailbroken their phone and are using pirated apps, or have set their region to another country, but that means they can only use free apps since they can't buy apps with an Iranian credit/debit card.

    Iran is not on the list of supported countries by Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3599

    So you could, in theory, do the exact same thing with Microsoft's store to get free apps, but you wouldn't be able to pay for paid apps.

    Like I said, it will take months to get all the proper deals and licensing in place now that the sanctions are lifted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments