Do you really have to ask? It is that simple. Sorry I am surprised you could download Windows 8.
windows store isn't available in your region for IRAN , Apple Store is not sanctioned for us why MS ?
Hi everyone ,
I'm a longtime user an a BIG fan of Microsoft , I've always notice that MS support Iranian language updates (Persian - Farsi) and everything like Proofing tools for Office or LUI for windows or office . but after I've installed Windows 8 (an incredible step MS .. way to go , nice job) I'm really sad that you frogot about IRAN , we can't use store without an active VPN connection (SO SO Slow in Iran) .
so my question is : As start of this year by the request of president Obama , some software companies that we were always in ther sanctioned list cleared us from those list , the big example of course is Apple ," yes we can download everything from apple without a VPN connection or a twisted workaround .." but why Microsoft is not letting us in IRAN to use windows store ? in the mean time we have to use VPN and it's very painful .
just a reminder . the more windows store user .. the more developer .. the more developer = MORE CUSTOMER and more Business advantage for Microsoft ..
please reconsider or give an honest answer .
and one more thing .. guys please don't forward me to this link.
BIG BIG FAN ,
Ashkan
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2012-12-05T04:52:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2012-12-05T19:24:37+00:00 Sorry But ..
If Only there would be a spam Button .

-
Anonymous
2012-12-05T20:23:18+00:00 My reply was in no way a personal attack on you and for you to make yours so just shows that the rhetoric runs deeper than the top. But since you made it personal if it was up to me windows 8 or 7 would not be available in countries with your anti-democracy policies. Nothing personal now. If you have any more personal attacks to make let's take it outside the forum.
The above opinions are mine and mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of Microsoft, this forum, or and of it's many members. Have a nice Day
-
Anonymous
2012-12-05T22:00:05+00:00 Thank you for the your honest opinion , as a matter of fact it was just a joke , and in no way something personal as you called it .
but just to be clear please indulge me for one second , for an IT guy like me , a 26 years old guy with hopes to someday work in Microsoft and with plans of board range of immigration plans from variety of countries from Canada to Australia , what is an anti-democracy policy ?
did I make any anti-democracy policy ?
democracy my friend is for the people ... I AM THE PEOPLE .. not someone who takes it aways from them . you're mistaking the government with an individual person .
I am proud to be an Iranian , I'll always be .. cause in no way Iran is the things you see everyday in news or internet .
and for what it's worth , really ? no windows store for anti-democracy policies ?
please read more and Think more .
I'm saying it again I really have nothing personal with you my dear long distance friend , and I have the utmost respect for you because of your way of writing I could see that you are of course someone with an educational background .
I just wanted to tell you to open your eyes a little bit wider .
and for the personal attack , I don't have it either , it really was a joke .
sorry for the misunderstanding .
thanks for the reply .
have a nice day my dear Richard ,
-
Anonymous
2012-12-05T22:42:49+00:00 Thanks for the reply. sorry for any misunderstanding it is open discussions like this that just may give us hope that tomorrow will be a better world without human rights injustices and freedom for all mankind. Again sorry for the misunderstanding. see you around the forum