http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/30/us-usa-iran-sanctions-phone-idUSBRE94T0WF20130530
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22723722
Sanctions Are Removed But are We Getting Any Help?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone ,
I'm a longtime user an a BIG fan of Microsoft , I've always notice that MS support Iranian language updates (Persian - Farsi) and everything like Proofing tools for Office or LUI for windows or office . but after I've installed Windows 8 (an incredible step MS .. way to go , nice job) I'm really sad that you frogot about IRAN , we can't use store without an active VPN connection (SO SO Slow in Iran) .
so my question is : As start of this year by the request of president Obama , some software companies that we were always in ther sanctioned list cleared us from those list , the big example of course is Apple ," yes we can download everything from apple without a VPN connection or a twisted workaround .." but why Microsoft is not letting us in IRAN to use windows store ? in the mean time we have to use VPN and it's very painful .
just a reminder . the more windows store user .. the more developer .. the more developer = MORE CUSTOMER and more Business advantage for Microsoft ..
please reconsider or give an honest answer .
and one more thing .. guys please don't forward me to this link.
BIG BIG FAN ,
Ashkan
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/30/us-usa-iran-sanctions-phone-idUSBRE94T0WF20130530
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22723722
Sanctions Are Removed But are We Getting Any Help?
I Myself Do Not Have An Apple Product But My Friends Do And I have seen them download iOS apps using Appstore...
The iOS App Store is available in Iran? Everything I'm reading STILL says it's not available as of this post.
I Agree I Am Also Persian...
And I have been using Microsoft products since Windows 3.1 & I Believe That Microsoft Should Unblock The Store For us Because America Has Loosened The Sanctions Related To Tech... (source: BBC Persian).
Google Play Store Is Now Open From Google's Side (if it doesn't work it means it has been filtered by the government, not Google...) & Even More Apple's Appstore Is Open Too...
So I Kindly Ask MS To Reconsider the blockage of windows store in Iran (judging that US has lifted tech sanctions...)
Well, time in Iran, specifically 2-3 months, is nothing!
We've waited a long time, we'll wait 2 or 3 months more.
Love you MS :)