windows store isn't available in your region for IRAN , Apple Store is not sanctioned for us why MS ?

Anonymous
2012-12-04T14:22:28+00:00

Hi everyone ,

I'm a longtime user an a BIG fan of Microsoft , I've always notice that MS support Iranian language updates (Persian - Farsi) and everything like Proofing tools for Office or LUI for windows or office . but after I've installed Windows 8 (an incredible step MS .. way to go , nice job) I'm really sad that you frogot about IRAN , we can't use store without an active VPN connection (SO SO Slow in Iran) .

so my question is : As start of this year by the request of president Obama , some software companies that we were always in ther sanctioned list cleared us from those list , the big example of course is Apple ," yes we can download everything from apple without a VPN connection or a twisted workaround .." but why Microsoft is not letting us in IRAN to use windows store ? in the mean time we have to use VPN and it's very painful .

just a reminder . the more windows store user .. the more developer .. the more developer = MORE CUSTOMER and more Business advantage for Microsoft ..

please reconsider or give an honest answer .

and one more thing .. guys please don't forward me to this link.

BIG BIG FAN ,

Ashkan

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-04T15:15:30+00:00

    Can anyone access Windows Store from Iran whiteout VPN?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-08T19:37:18+00:00

    I have a Surface RT in Iran and I know a lot of surface users in Iran, I've contacted Microsoft support and they couldn't find a way to JUST A SIMPLE update for my surface programs as whole windows store doesn't work at all. and now Both News app and Music app stopped working, Asking me to update that I can't! Very simple. I'm so unhappy with buying this piece of ****. ALL OTHER TABLETS just works fine here.

    Now I find out why Microsoft lost 900M$ on surface with poor sales and I'm shifting to iPad as it works just fine. Sanctions? US ADMIN LIFTED SANCTIONS FOR IT PRODUCTS LONG TIME AGO FOR IRANIAN PEOPLE, WAKEEEEEEE UP MICROSOFT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-08T19:35:18+00:00

    ------LOL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-08-11T11:51:59+00:00

    I also don't have access to the windows appstore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments