Ah of course, gift cards. Apple doesn't support Iran, so people get around it with imported gift cards. I know Windows Phone has gift cards now too. You could probably use those if you wanted.
windows store isn't available in your region for IRAN , Apple Store is not sanctioned for us why MS ?
Hi everyone ,
I'm a longtime user an a BIG fan of Microsoft , I've always notice that MS support Iranian language updates (Persian - Farsi) and everything like Proofing tools for Office or LUI for windows or office . but after I've installed Windows 8 (an incredible step MS .. way to go , nice job) I'm really sad that you frogot about IRAN , we can't use store without an active VPN connection (SO SO Slow in Iran) .
so my question is : As start of this year by the request of president Obama , some software companies that we were always in ther sanctioned list cleared us from those list , the big example of course is Apple ," yes we can download everything from apple without a VPN connection or a twisted workaround .." but why Microsoft is not letting us in IRAN to use windows store ? in the mean time we have to use VPN and it's very painful .
just a reminder . the more windows store user .. the more developer .. the more developer = MORE CUSTOMER and more Business advantage for Microsoft ..
please reconsider or give an honest answer .
and one more thing .. guys please don't forward me to this link.
BIG BIG FAN ,
Ashkan
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-09-29T22:03:22+00:00 Yes my friend, both iOS App Store and MacOS are available here in Iran and iPad/iPhone app store works fine with every single app inside!
How is he paying for apps when Apple doesn't take payment from Iran?
Hey Buddy;
I'm an Engineer of Computer Networks designing and I have an Apple iPhone, I use app store apps and I pay with Gift cards that shops sells in Iran, all of Apple users in Iran have Apple ID and They Can Download Free apps with Free Apple ID, and for credit they use Gift carts,
I must say we buy our laptops and notebooks and tablets with Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 but we can not access app store.... WE PAY EXTRA MONEY FOR MS OS, but we can not access to the Store...!
with Respect,
"Democracy is Open Source"
-
Anonymous
2014-07-14T15:51:48+00:00 Can anyone access Windows Store from Iran whiteout VPN?
Its not even available for me even WITH VPN!!!!
-
Anonymous
2014-07-14T15:47:36+00:00 Hi everyone ,
I'm a longtime user an a BIG fan of Microsoft , I've always notice that MS support Iranian language updates (Persian - Farsi) and everything like Proofing tools for Office or LUI for windows or office . but after I've installed Windows 8 (an incredible step MS .. way to go , nice job) I'm really sad that you frogot about IRAN , we can't use store without an active VPN connection (SO SO Slow in Iran) .
so my question is : As start of this year by the request of president Obama , some software companies that we were always in ther sanctioned list cleared us from those list , the big example of course is Apple ," yes we can download everything from apple without a VPN connection or a twisted workaround .." but why Microsoft is not letting us in IRAN to use windows store ? in the mean time we have to use VPN and it's very painful .
just a reminder . the more windows store user .. the more developer .. the more developer = MORE CUSTOMER and more Business advantage for Microsoft ..
please reconsider or give an honest answer .
and one more thing .. guys please don't forward me to this link.
BIG BIG FAN ,
Ashkan
Hi,
I am totally agree and I just want to add :
Maybe one of the reasons that Microsoft Store is not available in Iran is that Iran do not follow
copyright policy. But how am I supposed to follow this policy when , for example, Microsoft ban us from using it's own app store for updating or downloading the original apps? What other choices do I have?
Now that I see this problem has not been solved since 2012, I'm having a second thought to break this rule again and download the updated apps from third party sites and stores.
-
Anonymous
2014-06-03T15:13:31+00:00 Hi.no its not working also for me.im ali from iran live in esfahan.but i wonder i cant use windows store why wh iranian people cant use.please help us.