Yes my friend, both iOS App Store and MacOS are available here in Iran and iPad/iPhone app store works fine with every single app inside!
How is he paying for apps when Apple doesn't take payment from Iran?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone ,
I'm a longtime user an a BIG fan of Microsoft , I've always notice that MS support Iranian language updates (Persian - Farsi) and everything like Proofing tools for Office or LUI for windows or office . but after I've installed Windows 8 (an incredible step MS .. way to go , nice job) I'm really sad that you frogot about IRAN , we can't use store without an active VPN connection (SO SO Slow in Iran) .
so my question is : As start of this year by the request of president Obama , some software companies that we were always in ther sanctioned list cleared us from those list , the big example of course is Apple ," yes we can download everything from apple without a VPN connection or a twisted workaround .." but why Microsoft is not letting us in IRAN to use windows store ? in the mean time we have to use VPN and it's very painful .
just a reminder . the more windows store user .. the more developer .. the more developer = MORE CUSTOMER and more Business advantage for Microsoft ..
please reconsider or give an honest answer .
and one more thing .. guys please don't forward me to this link.
BIG BIG FAN ,
Ashkan
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes my friend, both iOS App Store and MacOS are available here in Iran and iPad/iPhone app store works fine with every single app inside!
How is he paying for apps when Apple doesn't take payment from Iran?
Yes my friend, both iOS App Store and MacOS are available here in Iran and iPad/iPhone app store works fine with every single app inside!
I just bought a brand new Surface RT tablet and after ONE week of use, "music" player stopped working and asks me to update, as win store doesn't work at all my surface tablet can't play music!!!
I'm worrying all tablet software components will stop working one by one after 1-2 months!
Surface is great tablet but is useless without win store/apps.
Very disappointing..
I also have an Apple MacBook Pro laptop and guess what? I just installed windows on it with apple's Bootcamp software, fully functional windows drivers, zero problems.
Microsoft can't fully support it's own products while rivals can.
Hope to fix this BIG BIG issue with your win store in very near future, because there are a huge amount of windows products related users in Iran.
Cheers!
Iran is not on the list of supported countries for either the Mac App Store or iOS App store. This doesn't stop an Iranian from changing the locale on their account so they can at least get free apps and the same is true for at least Microsoft's Windows Phone store. Not 100% sure about Windows 8, but changing your region should at least get you free apps.
The official response to this is quite clear and can be found on Microsoft's export site: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/exporting/faq.aspx
Yes. Microsoft products are subject to U.S. sanctions and may not be exported without export authorization to:
These countries are commonly referred to as the E country group. See the Export Administration Regulations Supp. 1 to Part 740.
It doesn't matter that a few months ago the sanctions on Iran were lifted, there's a whole process to setting up shop in a new country, that involves the country's government. And that will take more than a few months.
Iranians are annoyed they can't buy apps. I get it. But law is law. Bad laws can be changed at least in the United States. The sanctions were lifted, which can only mean good things for the future.
No, as I said in the first post of this thread Apple Store is available in Iran without any hassle .
I'm surprised at Microsoft , they've proven to be a very listening company in matter of policies and customer support , for example the situation with Xbox one or even better Windows 8.1 it is a loud version of "YES WE LISTEN TO YOU"
but I still don't understand why not a single official response to this matter .
alas it's a real shame .
Ashkan
I Cant even access the free apps it does not even load the page it just says: "Windows Store is not supported in your region"